The most important and interesting events in the world of cryptocurrencies in 2021
We haven’t published much information recently. We are catching up and are in a hurry to present to you a handful of the most interesting and, in our opinion, the most important events in the world of cryptocurrencies in 2021. 2021 was full of interesting moments, and blockchain technology and encrypted electronic currencies grew in popularity.
- Bitcoin hits an all-time high (ATH) of $ 64,000 apiece in April 2021, then beats that record with $ 67,000 in November 2021.
- Ethereum, like Bitcoin, has reached its historic highs twice. For the first time in May, when it broke the price of $ 4,200 a piece, then in November 2021, the price broke the price of $ 4,700 for 1 Ethereum.
- The capitalization of the entire cryptocurrency market has reached its maximums twice. Initially, it reached $ 1.8 trillion in May 2021. However, in November 2021, it exceeded the considerable value of USD 2.8 trillion.
- The trend of non-exchangeable tokens, i.e. NFT (non-fungible token), celebrated phenomenal successes. Highly speculative, it has given many investors a profit and is still considered by many to be a very important market for the months and years to come.
- The largest and oldest Polish cryptocurrency exchange BitBay has changed its owner and name to Zonda Global. The rebranding took place in November 2021. Whether this change will be good for the stock exchange will prove to be in the coming months and years.
- The Coinbase exchange made its debut with the quotation of its shares on the American stock exchange. It is very important because in such a situation it has to publicly present reports and financial results, which other exchanges do not. This is undoubtedly a milestone towards greater transparency in the cryptocurrency market
- Mutual funds are increasingly and more widely entering cryptocurrency investments and this market. It is estimated that in 2021 the funds invested around $ 30 billion.
- El Salvador legalizes Bitcoin and buys it from the market and adapts it in its country.
- JPMorgan created its own fund to invest in Bitcoin and thus began offering it to its clients.
- Historically high decentralization of Bitcoin processing. When Bitcoin was banned from mining in China, its hashrate increased to 35%.
Of course, there have been many more relevant, interesting and important events in the world of cryptocurrencies in 2021. We have selected for you these 10, in our opinion, the most important and interesting. What will 2022 bring? Certainly many other interesting events. Follow us on a regular basis.